Mazzie's Music Magorium
Punk and Metal Album Reviews
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
A Thousand Times Repent "Virtue Has Few Friends"



I actually forgot I have this album in my collection.  What a blast from past...  A Thousand Times Repent is a metalcore band from Atlanta, GA and they only have been together for a short time.  As far as I know they only have one album released, which is "Virtue Has Few Friends".  It's an alright album and really only for people who dig metalcore music.  It has some good moments and many forgettable moments as well. 

There is no great song on the album but there are few good ones like "Curses! Another Shape-Shifting Wraith!" and "Complete Relinquish. Utter Abandon".  The rest are pretty much boring or just plainly sucks.  One thing that really bother me a lot is the way the album is very disjointed.  There's some heavy, almost deathcorey, songs and some clean acoustic songs.  Don't get me wrong, I dig albums with variety but for some reason it just doesn't work here.  The songs are too different and doesn't really have anything to do with each other.  It feels like they just created different songs and throw them together without considering how the songs can flow together.

If you are a metalcore aficionado, then go ahead and check this album out.  If not then just move on... nothing to hear here.  You can always download just the two songs I mentioned earlier and that's all you need from this band really.

Score: 4/10


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment