Mazzie's Music Magorium
Punk and Metal Album Reviews
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Circulus "The Lick on the Tip of an Envelope Yet to Be Sent"
Circulus is a psychedelic folk rock band from Ohio and they have 3 full length albums under their belt.  I'm reviewing their debut album which was released in 2005.  I don't really remember how I stumbled upon this album but I remember it was about two to three years ago.  This album definitely isn't something I would normally listen to so it's bit "out there" for this blog but I don't really care and you are more than free to skip this one and read other reviews.  However, if you are more open minded like I am and willing to give this one a chance, then you won't be disappointed.

The album cover art is one of the best I've ever seen in awhile and even the album title is pretty awesome.  This is your typical folksy rock with a psychedelic influences.  It is not cheesy, far from it, but it is a very fun album to listen to.  One thing that is interesting is the fact there isn't much of singing on this album.  Some songs are instrumental and others just have a little of singing, mostly male vocals.  The production is very impressive for this style and I really appreciate that.  I absolutely love the songs "My Body is Made of Sunlight" and "Candlelight", such fantastic songs that are just beautiful to listen to. 

I strongly recommend this album to those who enjoy folk and folk influenced rock music.  Hell, I recommend this to anyone who's willing to be open minded.  Trust me, you won't be disappointed. I think this album is perfect for listening while you are surrounded by nature like forest or mountains or just away from people and technology in general(except for your CD player or iPod).

Score: 8/10


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment