Mazzie's Music Magorium
Punk and Metal Album Reviews
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
The Black Dahlia Murder "Ritual"


The new album released by The Black Dahlia Murder.  Normally, I'm not a fan of the band ever since they formed and I never gave them chance until now.  A lot of people told me that this release is their best work and that I will definitely like it.  I decided to listen and bought a copy and give them a chance.  Boy, I'm very glad I did because it truly kicked ass!

Now, don't expect anything innovative or new to come out of this release.  It's really just a solid death metal album.  One thing that I really liked about this album is that it's very varied.  There's some tech death, some melodeath, and even some nice atmospheric sound being created by usage of strings, piano, and acoustics.   One thing that I am very impressed is how much the musicianship has improved since their debut album, Unhallowed, and they proved that they are serious musicians that just so happen to be metalheads who love to party.  There's good amount of solos that are very creative and doesn't completely take over the album.  It's all there to guide the tracks along like a support beam.

I also loved the fact that this album is only around 45 minutes long and that's right amount for this release.  I don't really hear any filler tracks and feel like each track has its own purpose in the whole concept.   That's tough thing to do for a band to pull it off and they did.  All the fans of TBDM will love this album and those who doubt should really give them second chance and give this release an unbiased listen.


Score: 8.5/10

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment