Mazzie's Music Magorium
Punk and Metal Album Reviews
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Desolate Anguish "Trainwreck Session Demo 2009"
Desolate Anguish is a band from Tennessee. I cannot really describe their exact genre because they combine many different sounds to form their own unique music. There's some doom, noise, and punk. I really dig it a lot because punk just so happen to be my favorite genre and it's nice to hear some chaotic sounds incorporated in the music. This demo consists only three songs and the longest track clocks at over 12 minutes and shortest track is a little over 3 minutes long. That's some nice variety of lengths which I dig because sometimes I wanted to hear a short track and sometimes I like to sit down and truly listen to the longer tracks. The punk influence truly shines in the riffs and you can really hear the gritty and dirty style being shown in the guitar riffs which is my favorite part. The vocals is very screeching and normally that would annoy me but it really fits the music very well so I don't really mind as much as I normally would. They displayed their doom/sludge side in the construction of the songs. You can hear how things slow down as they enter the breakdowns and how heavy this sounds really are. They definitely have something special here and I am really excited to see what they will do and I was told by the band that they are entering studio very soon so they should have something new sometimes this year. I definitely recommend this for any people who dig the sludge style and punk as well. If you dig both as I do then you will really love this one.


Best Song: Traitor-Love this track- full of punky riffs and perfect mix of punk and sludge being shredded in the blender.

Worst Song: All That A Man Has He Will Give To Save His Own Life- great track but does get bit repetitive for my taste and this is where the vocals annoy me sometimes as well.

Score: 8/10- great demo and really make me looking forward to whatever they plan to spit out this year.


http://www.myspace.com/4desolateanguish


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment