Mazzie's Music Magorium
Punk and Metal Album Reviews
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Yidhra "Promo EP"


Yidhra is an upcoming doom metal band and I've heard one of their song off the DMA(Doom Metal Alliance) Sampler. I really loved the song so I went ahead and bought a copy of their EP. I have to say it's such a bargain because it was only 5 bucks!

The music is pretty much straight up doom metal and there isn't anything that haven't been done. However they played it so well that I can't help but really dig the music. It's very catchy and I absolutely love the song structure. Just listen to "Witch Queen" and you will know what I mean.

One thing I really have to commend is the production of the EP. When I heard how clear and crisp the sound is, I pretty much said "YES!". I love me underground music and totally understand the reasons behind crappy or so-so production, either on purpose or not. However, I would like to hear some good quality music every now and then. They really put their money into this release and the quality is excellent. I can hear every instruments really well and none of them are either too loud or too quiet. Huge props to the guy behind the mastering.


Best Song: "Witch Queen"

Worst Song: "Ancient Ones" (don't get me wrong...still a good song!)


Score: 8/10


www.myspace.com/yidhra

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment