Mazzie's Music Magorium
Punk and Metal Album Reviews
Friday, October 16, 2009
Impending Doom "The Serpent's Servant"

If you don't know who Impending Doom is then you must've been living under a rock. Impending Doom is one of the most popular Christian metal band in the scene. This is their second album and I have to say I am a little disappointed. Gone is the pig squeals and the raw feeling that Nail. Dead. Risen. had. Granted, the production is a lot better but the passion is not really as strong as the debut album is.

This album is pretty much a standard deathcore album and that is not necessarily a bad thing but I was hoping that Impending Doom could set themselves apart from the rest of the deathcore scene like they did with the debut album. I guess they actually wanted to be the same and that disappointed me. If you are a fan of deathcore then go for this album. If not then stay away!

Best Song: "More Than Conquerors" and "Revival:America" =shows their skills and passionate vocals plus the second song mentioned is what I was expecting from them.

Worst Song: "City of Refuges"-I skip this track a lot...just boring.


Score: 6/10- decent deathcore but still a disappointment





www.myspace.com/impendingdoom

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:
Anonymous Winnow said...
I pretty much disagree with nearly all of this review. I found Nailed Dead Risen to be much more of a stock standard deathcore labum than The Serpant's Servant. Vocally I think its a progression for sure from NDR, with more passion. The almost constant inhaled gutterals on NDR became boring very quickly for me. Their EP before NDR was great!
Not trying cut down your review... it's your personal thoughts just like mine and we disagree on the quality of this album, and thats ok :)
I think your blog spot is great and I encourage you to continue the good work.

Post a Comment