Mazzie's Music Magorium
Punk and Metal Album Reviews
Sunday, September 20, 2009
De Profvndis Clamati "In Between Passionate Minnuendos"




A 2 song EP by a Braizilian Doom Metal band, De Profvndis Clamati. They sent the songs to me through myspace and I decided to give it a couple of listens. I have to admit this is nothing what I've expected from a South American band. I don't mean to be stereotypical but I usually expect more of lo-fi and brutal sound because that's what I've heard from majority of the South American bands. This one is definitely a big exception and I really liked it.

There is a lot of different influences in those two songs. Very slow...almost funeral doom style but there is significant amount of folk influences which is interesting because I don't think I've ever heard any of that in other South American bands so far. I really enjoyed the guitar work on this EP. The drums is pretty good but nothing special.

I'm bit disappointed that there's only two songs and I think it should be considered a demo instead of a EP. I was left wanting more and bit disappointed that I only have those two songs. That can be a good thing because I'm definitely interested in picking up whatever they are going to release.

I'm not going to do best/worst song because...well there's only two songs! I have to say I really liked the song "Love May Sink By Slow Decay" better out of the two songs.


6/10 (lower rating because its only two songs..argh! Also the drumming was alright..need to be improved)

http://www.myspace.com/deprofvndisclamati

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment