Mazzie's Music Magorium
Punk and Metal Album Reviews
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
D.R.I. "Thrash Zone"
D.R.I. is an very interesting band. They are considered one of the godfathers of the crossover scene. They originally were a hardcore punk band that put out couple of albums in 80s. They gradually absorb thrash influences as they progress. This album probably is my favorite album by them. It has the perfect blend of hardcore punk and thrash metal.

I absolutely love their guitar riffs and drumming. Very thrashy and full of energy that is so well known in the hardcore punk music. Every time I listen to one of their songs, I feel like I just want to go out and mosh around! I also really dig the lyrics because they all deal with something that is important to them such as society issues, media censorship, and some personal conflicts they've experienced.

Best Song: Thrashard-the perfect blend!

Worst Song: Beneath The Wheel-good song but bit too long which makes it bit boring. If they cut it shorter then it would be much better.


Score: 8/10

www.myspace.com/dri2

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment