Mazzie's Music Magorium
Punk and Metal Album Reviews
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
A Death Cinematic "A Parable on the Aporia of Vengeance and the Beauty of Unpenetrable Sadness"


I was recommended by a friend to check this band out. Got the album from the man behind this band and I gave it several listens in past week. All I can say is...wow what an intense listening experience I ever had in awhile. It's not exactly straight up doom metal...it's more of simplistic drone with tons of ambient and a dash of black metal influences. To be honest, I never heard anything like this and I'm really fascinated by this album. Its actually two CDs album packaged in beautiful wood-like CD holder being stored in a nice package. It has amazing photography all over and lyrics insert. The tracklist is 11 songs at almost 90 minutes which is very long for an album(a bonus!). I kind of feel like I will be a bipolar when listening to this album because I'm listening to melodies but at the same time some weird feedback or disortion kicked in. I actually tlaked with the man behind this project and he said that it was made almost completely on the spot and its not meant to be easily reproduced which is remarkable if you think about it.

This album is not for easy listening or listening for fun...this is meant to be taken seriously and sit in dark in the basement with candles on and listen intensely.

Best Song: "The Sun Glints Through The Dust With Risen From Their Hooves" has some weird metalliac riffs that is just awesome.

Worst Song: "Knives At My Brain In The Discordance Of Sleep" still a great song but bit too much for me. I guess I will need to give it more time and absorb the music over time..maybe my opinion will change.


Score: 9/10

www.myspace.com/adeathcinematic

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment