Mazzie's Music Magorium
Punk and Metal Album Reviews
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Dead Risen "Demo 09"


Dead Risen is a one man "DIY" project and he sent me this demo few weeks ago and I finally got some time to give it several serious listens. This is definitely a mix of death metal and grindcore. The production is very raw but it really fits the music so I didn't mind. The only thing I would like is for the sound to be a little less fuzzy so I can hear the distortion and riffs more clearly. The riffs and drumming are very catchy which is always a plus for me. The vocals is hard to get used to at first but its death/grind so what do you expect? Definitely not clean vocals, that's for sure! There's only few songs....total of 7 songs which is not bad for a demo. I would like to see a full length from them and the production should be focused on making it less fuzzy and improve on the mixing with vocals and the bass. Other than that, its a good start for the band and I am looking forward to see what he have in store for future.


Best Song: I AM- very catchy riffs! I hope they will make more songs with good riffs like this one.

Worst Song: Into Your Heart- this song is pretty much "eh" for me...nothing special at all and doesn't really interest me for some reason.


Score: 6/10


www.myspace.com/deadrisen

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment