Mazzie's Music Magorium
Punk and Metal Album Reviews
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Vengeance Rising "Human Sacrifice"


Vengeance Rising is the infamous Christian 80's thrash band that released a couple of albums before breaking up in early 90's. This album is their debut album released in 1989.

The album is absolutely a classic and a must have! This album is very brutal and most possibly heaviest album I ever heard by a Christian band. I am still amazed the band never got picked up by any of the major metal label like Nuclear Blast or Metal Blade.

The first moment when you push the CD in the player...BAM! The brutality started! No chance to relax and get used to the sound and it will never let you go away. The first track is same title as the album and it is full of excellent riffs and simple structures. Tons of solos throughout the album

I can tell there's some death influences and the production is surprisingly pretty good for their time. I am actually impressed and really appreciate the efforts. Of course there's no such thing as a perfect album but this one is pretty close. The only thing I don't like about this album is that it is freaking short! Only 39 minutes?! C'mon, give me some more Vengeance Rising music!
Good thing they produced another excellent album after this one or I'll go nuts.

Best Song: Beheaded...the last song of the album with that insane vocals by Roger...just total brutality.

Worst Song: Receive Him...obviously filler song and the vocals is kind of annoying actually.

Score: 9.5/10

If you find a copy...buy it immediately. I'm serious.


Note: I am not going to post the myspace link for VR because the modern VR is totally different than the VR from 80's. I don't consider them the same band at all.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment