Mazzie's Music Magorium
Punk and Metal Album Reviews
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Divulgence Demo 2009


Divulgence is a new band out of South Carolina and play death metal. They just got signed by Bombworks Records and are working on a full length that hopefully will be released later this year. They sent me their 3 songs demo and I gave it a couple of listens. So far I really dig it although production isn't that great but that is to be expected with demos. I really enjoyed Awaken the Dawn song in particular. I can really feel the passion in the music and lyrics. They seems to be very passionate musicians and they are mixing in some black metal influecnes which I always love. Another big plus is they don't have much of the 'core in their sound and they mentioned that their big influences seems to be Antestor, Crimson Moonlight, Carcass, and Warbringer which are excellent bands. I can see some sounds drawn from those influences but they did not try to be a rip off which is good thing! The major problem for me is that the sound is little too fuzzy and its hard for me to hear the drums and bass guitar. That definitely could use some improvement. I definitely am going to keep an eye on them and see what they have to offer in their new album. I give their demo 6/10.

www.myspace.com/divulgencesc

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment